Protecting against cybercrime is becoming more challenging for every company, organization, and government agency. IT operations teams have enough on their plate managing thousands of endpoints each day – a task that is compounded by large networks with mixed operating system environments.
Add to that a dynamic hybrid workforce with countless personal “bring your own device” (BYOD) connections, and you have a recipe for an overwhelming number of IT management tasks.
Unfortunately, we live in a world with criminals, terrorists, and bad actors who mercilessly probe networks and systems looking for vulnerabilities. And as many enterprises adopt automation for improved processes and business outcomes, cyber criminals are also leveraging a number of automated approaches to attack vulnerable systems. These strategies run the gamut from targeted data breaches, loaders and cryptors, banking injects, exploit kits, and others that allow them to gain access to systems, install malware or ransomware, and steal valuable data.
Cyber criminals are now using automated tools to weaponize new critical vulnerabilities in an average of 7 days, and zero-day vulnerabilities are already weaponized at the moment of disclosure. Most organizations aren’t fighting these automated attacks with sufficiently automated tools of their own, leaving vulnerabilities exposed for an average of 205 days.
Faster endpoint hardening is a must
One of the most effective methods for reducing cybersecurity risk and exposure is to focus on patching velocity within the 24/72 endpoint hardening threshold.
24/72 is a critical metric and industry best practice for outpacing attackers. Zero-day vulnerabilities should be patched and remediated within 24 hours and all other critical vulnerabilities should be remediated within 72 hours. It’s very difficult, if not impossible, to meet this best practice without an automated patch management and endpoint solution.
A powerful new combination: Automated vulnerability and patch management
SentinelOne and Automox have partnered to deliver a powerful end-to-end vulnerability discovery and remediation solution. The new integration allows users to dramatically improve their cyber hygiene and vulnerability responsiveness by allowing IT and security teams to quickly identify and remediate vulnerabilities using automated patching and configuration.
How the SentinelOne and Automox integration works
The integration forms a seamless workflow between ITOps and SecOps teams, proactively minimizing exposure and reducing the time to detect and time to respond.
- Your organization can take preventative measures with Automox by automating patch distribution across endpoints to immediately apply updates for known vulnerabilities.
- If a vulnerability is exploited or an attack is initiated, SentinelOne provides threat data and detection capabilities to identify vulnerable or targeted endpoints.
- The SentinelOne identified hosts automatically appear in Automox as tasks for administrators to quickly review, prioritize and remediate within seconds.
This closes the loop on vulnerabilities and brings organizations’ infrastructure up to date, improving cyber hygiene and minimizing risk and exposure to vulnerabilities.
How using SentinelOne and Automox gives you the advantage
Together, Automox and SentinelOne give you a complete cloud-enabled, end-to-end vulnerability discovery and remediation solution that empowers IT operations to:
- Continuously and automatically patch and configure Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems and third-party software, with no reliance on on-premise infrastructure to help keep your enterprise safe from cyber criminals.
- Leverage the power of Automox Worklets™ to automate tasks across any managed device to free up IT Operations resources for more value-added activities.
- Mitigate discovered and reported endpoint vulnerabilities faster and with greater accuracy to achieve the 24/72 endpoint hardening threshold for greater protection.
- Create a seamless workflow between SecOps and ITOps for greater efficiency and effectiveness of your security program. Automox and SentinelOne can even immediately deploy, provision, and enforce the other’s agent across Windows, macOS, and Linux devices worldwide.
Try Out SentinelOne + Automox
Want to see for yourself how Automox can secure and manage your hybrid teams – and cut your patch management efforts in half? Request a demo to see how Automox integrates with SentinelOne to give you the fastest and easiest vulnerability coverage available today. You can also learn more about the integration here.
Automox for Easy IT Operations
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. With the push of a button, IT admins can fix critical vulnerabilities faster, slash cost and complexity, and win back hours in their day.
Grab your free trial of Automox and join thousands of companies transforming IT operations into a strategic business driver.