The purpose of this worklet is to detect if a macOS device is pending a reboot and will notify the user to reboot. If the user does not reboot within your given timeframe, the script will force a reboot. If the macOS device is at the login window (no user logged in), the device will reboot immediately with no notification.
The Reboot Now button does just that, it reboots immediately.
The Later button will close the notification and redisplay again based on what you have set (below).
Deferred Reboot on macOS: Evaluation and Remediation Code
To create this Worklet, use the evaluation and remediation code scripts located in the original posting on the Automox Alive community. You can set the following options in the Remediation script:
- title - The title of the notification
- message - The message content (use %TIME% in your message to display the time left in minutes
- forceRebootIn - The amount of minutes until the macOS device is force rebooted
- notifyInterval - Show the above notification every X minutes until a reboot occurs
- notifyTimeout - How long the above notification shows on the screen before closing and assuming a deferral
- iconFile - Upload a .icns file to the worklet and specify its name here
Tips for Creating an Automox Worklet
Before deploying an Automox Worklet to the production environment, we suggest testing this on a few devices to confirm its accuracy. If you have any questions, please contact our support team for technical assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For step-by-step instructions on creating the Worklet, see our user documentation: Create a Worklet.
Automox for Easy IT Operations
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. With the push of a button, IT admins can fix critical vulnerabilities faster, slash cost and complexity, and win back hours in their day.
Grab your free trial of Automox and join thousands of companies transforming IT operations into a strategic business driver.