AWS Patch Management Across Windows And Linux
A Simple Patching Solution For All Of Your Servers
If you’re like most of us, you have a mixed OS server environment on top of a hybrid infrastructure. Keeping cloud and on prem servers patched consistently is hard enough, let alone, across operating systems. The time and resource requirements ends up pushing server patching down the to do list, leaving you exposed to attacks.
Automox has made server patching simple, with a cloud based solution that only takes a few minutes a day. You can patch your Linux and Windows servers, even remote ones quickly and easily. And Mac’s and 3rd party software from a single dashboard.
And you can elect to do it automatically without having to lift a finger or you can integrate with your existing workflows and automate the remediation on your schedule. Best of all, our agent means you won’t have yet another server to manage!
Our Customers Include
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Automox?
Automox is the first cloud-based patching platform that fully automates the patch remediation process across Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and every third party software – including Adobe, Java, Firefox, Chrome, and Windows. The platform works across both clients and servers. From “click, set, forget” automation, to complete scheduling and workflow control, Automox enables customers greater security, improved productivity, and radical time savings.
What patches does Automox apply?
Automox applies operating system patches for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Automox also natively patches 3rd party software including Adobe Flash, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Java, Firefox, Chrome, MS Office, and others as part of our growing catalog. Automox also provides the ability to patch any software through custom scripting.
Can Automox deploy and patch custom or 3rd party software?
Yes. Through the use of our Custom Policy Engine it is easy to set policies that deploy and patch both 3rd party and custom software.
How is Automox better than simply running Auto Updates?
Running auto updates is like taking your security policy and dividing it up among each of your employees…and hoping that they patch and maintain their individual systems. This is fine for individuals or very small companies (10 employees or less) but for larger companies Auto Updates is more of a liability than a solution.
What you DON’T GET with Auto Updates:
- Almost every SW has an update feature, making the process of updating software a constant nuisance for the IT manager and the end user.
- There is no system (outside of Automox) that combines all of the OS and SW updates into a single easy to manage dashboard.
- Auto Updates does not give IT a central / single location for reporting on inventory, patch level, configuration settings, or compliance status.
- Auto Updates provides no reporting or verification of endpoint status, patches applied, or level of vulnerability.
- Auto Updates is inconsistent and unable to force the user to update / install critical security releases.
- Common malware silently disables OS Auto Updates and patching.
- 100% of Automox customers using other patching methods found and fixed existing critical patches with Automox.
Does Automox patch servers?
Yes, Automox patches Windows and Linux servers including cloud instances, dockers, and virtual machines.